15 October 2010

Thunderstorm

Not my best work. I wouldn't show this to anyone in person, but the anonymity of the web makes me a little bit braver.

I wait eagerly for the storm,
I long to hear the thunder,
it's voice is so comforting.

and when lightning strikes,
so beautiful and majestic,
it splits the sky appart.

the thunder's gentle rumble,
it's so loud I feel the sound
throughout my being.

the wild lightning dances,
electricity fills the sky,
the air is alive with energy.

it fills me with energy,
I want to reach out to it,
and dance with the lightning.

then the rain comes down,
straight down in a torrent,
watering the dry earth.

and the soil wakes up,
the plants drink and grow,
the air is so fragrant.

many fear and run away,
but I have no fear,
the storm is my friend.

I drink in it's fragrance,
I feel the thunder's voice,
so powerful, so calming.

I watch the lightning free,
I feel the life around me,
and dance with the lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment