31 October 2011

It's Nanowrimo time again!

I may have said this before, but I can't remember. This year I'm going to try writing 50k words worth of short stories instead of trying to stretch one story to novel-length. 

The longest I've ever been able to stretch a story was 20k, and I did a lot of padding to get it that long. This year, I'm going to let the stories be whatever length they want to be; when I finish one, I'll just start another, and repeat until the end of the month.



My first plot is:
Postman Sal Magundi has never met a letter he couldn't deliver. So when little Clara Hexton misspells the addressee of her Christmas list as "Satan," neither fire nor sulfur nor hordes of marauding demons will keep this carrier from completing his task.

I'm also not dead set on reaching 50k. There's a lot going on right now, so I'm going to aim for 30k, but I would be happy even with 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment