01 December 2010

Reverb 10: day 1

Prompt:
December 1 - One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

When I think of this year, it definitely has one attribute that stands out more than any other, but describing it in only one word is difficult. It's not perfect, I'll go with turmoil for 2010.

2010 has been a year of changes. Specifically, it has been a year dreams coming true true, but with some bad mixed in with the good. In fact, the bad stuff often spoiled the good altogether. 

One example: I had work-related back pain. It was very bad. I lost my job, and now I no longer have back pain. I also no longer have income, can't pay my rent, and keep going further and further into debt each month. There are many other examples, but I think I've summed it up.

I know some will say, "Be careful what you wish for," but I think that's a whole different thing. I mean, I think that's a perfectly valid wish in the example above, and I wouldn't go back to the way things were for anything. However, it's very hard to enjoy good health when you can't pay your rent.

For the final part of today's promt, I'd like the word for 2011 to be prosperity.

Huh, this post turned out much longer than I expected. I though I would just write 3-4 sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment