My two main characters have split up. This always always turns into a problem for me. I don't know what to do with a character who's alone. When you have two or more, they can talk, fight, do any number of things. When I try to write just one, it turns into pages and pages of uninteresting description and narrated thoughts. I have no idea how to get around this and produce something interesting.
I feel like giving up. But I'm determined to at least keep writing until the end of the week. I'd like to finish the story, but right now it looks like I'm going to leave a gaping hole in the middle, from the point the two MCs split up until they meet again.
I should have just skipped ahead and wrote the end; spending all day trying to do something I don't know how to do has wasted a lot of time, and left me with a pathetic wordcount. This has not been a good day.
Words today: 481 Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment