Lately, I've been feeling like my story is close to its ending, but I'm only about half-way with word count. I'm not sure I'll be able to stretch this to 50k words; I might have to go back and expand the chapters that I've already written.
I also started thinking about the plot, about what the conflict is, and what all the characters' motivations are. Yes, at approx. 25k, I've just started thinking about this. Answering those questions might make the story long enough to get to 50k.
I knew at the beginning that the thief getting stuck in another dimension would be a major problem for him, and that the girl getting lost would be a major problem for her, but that wasn't really enough to answer the questions of conflict. What do these characters want? First, what do they want *before* the problems happen? What about after? I'm starting to work it out, but I still need to think about it some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment