08 November 2010

Nano 2010: day 8

It occurs to me that I need a better chair. I'm currently sitting at my desk on one of those little black folding chairs. The problem is that I just can't keep my feet on the ground, and since the chair is too small for me to pull my legs up, I'm trying to sit cross-legged on the little folding chair while I type my novel. I don't really fit on the seat in this position, but I haven't fallen off yet. Does this give me eccentric author status?

Story-wise, I'm getting to an interesting point. My still-unnamed character has been using the portable portal to go from one world to another, and everything was fine until now, but when he went back to where he left the portal this morning, it wasn't there. It has never disappeared before, so he has no idea what happened, or what to do about it. This should be fun.

And I introduced a new character; the girl who accidentally goes through the portal while trying to hide from bullies, thereby stranding the first character in her world. Now I'll have two story lines; I'm going to try alternating between the two main characters.

I also made a basic timeline to keep track of how much time is spent in each world, because after the third one, it was starting to get confusing. The timeline should be especially useful now that I have to keep track of two separate characters.

My legs are starting to fall asleep. Sitting cross-legged isn't really feasible for long periods of time. I'll have to think of something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment