05 November 2010

Nano 2010: day 5

Today, I reached my quota early in the day, like around 1pm or so. I got to 10k, so I got a bowl of gourmet ice cream! I took a couple hours' break, then I wrote some more, and got a kitty sticker! I'll take a picture and add it to this post later.

Maybe I should mention my rules, so this post will make sense to people other than me. I get a bee sticker every day that I meet my quota, and a kitty sticker on days that I'm ahead of the quota by at least a thousand words. I also get ice cream for every 10k, pizza at 25k, and a nice dinner at 50k.

I've also recently noticed that the sheet of kitty stickers also has little tiny mice and butterflies. I decided to use those for days when I didn't reach my quota, but did do some writing.

For the curious, my quota is 2000 words x day number. So the number of words I write each day doesn't matter, as long as they add up to 2k on day one, 4k on day two, etc. I have 11,441 today, so I'll only need 600 words tomorrow to get to 12k. Tomorrow, I'll either just do the 600 and then relax, or write extra and get another kitty; I haven't decided yet.

I also want to add, I couldn't have done all this without Write Or Die. It's an amazing tool for getting people to stop hesitating and start writing. Their motto is, Write Or Die: putting the 'prod' in productivity. I recommend it. You can find it here, third on the list of links.

EDIT: It took me a while to figure out how to add an image. Here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment