I'm having fun with the talking ferrets. As I mentioned previously, I had several chapters of nothing but description, and I wanted to add dialogue to those sections, hence the ferrets. Right now, I'm still writing them into the chapters of description. I think I'll finish that tomorrow, and then I'll start writing where I left off.
I'm considering reading a book in my spare time. That is a very unusual thing for me to do during Nano; I usually refrain from reading while I'm working on a major writing project, because I pick up the author's style very easily, and it influences my own writing. I want my writing to be all my own.
However, there have been times lately when I've really wanted to read a book. Nothing in particular, just any book. Writing is fun, but the most I write is 3,000 words a day, usually less, so after that's done, I'm often bored. I don't really have anything else to do. I think I'm going to try a short book, and if it starts seeping into my brain, I'll stop reading and do my best to get rid of any foreign influences. Do I sound crazy?
No comments:
Post a Comment