04 November 2010

Nano 2010: day 4

Today has been a slow day. I've been writing on-and-off throughout the day, and I'm making progress, but for some reason I feel very sleepy. Last night I slept enough, so I don't know what's making me so tired today. Maybe I should take a nap...but I want to reach the daily quota first.

I'm really liking the characters in my portal story. I don't have names for them yet, so I've just been writing c1 and c2. It's fine outside of dialogue, but when one of the characters addresses the other as c#, it sounds so ridiculous I can't help laughing. 

Here's an example: “c1!” c2 exclaimed. “I'm so glad you're here. I've had a breakthrough with the expeiment i've been working on. I can't wait to show you.”

I'm thinking about putting this story up on my blog, in chapters, once it's done. I don't want to post parts now, because I keep going back to add more to previous chapters. And I want to name the characters first.

No comments:

Post a Comment